So I’ve decided that despite the fact I’m starting my last year of University soon, I’m going to dedicate basically the majority of my life to my writing, as hey, it’s what I’ve chosen to study and do, and it’s more of a ‘writing is who I am’ than ‘I do it for a hobby lol.’ Whilst there’s nothing wrong with that, I just feel 110% myself when I write and it’s like I’m getting to know myself more as well as the characters and worlds that I create. So 2013/2014 is going to be a crazy one for me. Here are my plans:
- Finish the second draft/first edit of my chick lit novel ‘Short Encounters’ (title may change but it’s growing on me I think!)
- After that, do another edit. Then polish clean the first 3 chapters and BAM! Send it to many agents whilst trying not to cry and embrace the possible oncoming rejection
- Complete my short story trilogy on Amazon Kindle by writing the 3rd part of the WK trilogy – Whackiest Millet. Also I need to update the Whimsical Kettle and Whisk it, Cellmate files as there are WAY too many mistakes regarding tense, and advertise them more and annoy people with the links!
- Start and complete all my 3rd year university work to the best of my ability, namingly…a 40 minute script, a 5000 word story, a 6000 word dissertation (the start of a YA fantasy novel) and a fair few poems on top of other essays.
- Complete NaNoWriMo 2013, writing about horror through a male perspective will be a huge challenge!
- Finish one or two of my short children’s stories that I have in the works and pop them on Kindle by Christmas for some light reading for the younger generation.
- Talk to other writers, embrace the community and have a great time brainstorming and laughing with all you fab people! All whilst putting random pieces of writing and poetry on this blog ;)
It’s gonna be a blast, see you there!